MediaSkymet was the first private sector entity to provide weather forecasts and weather graphics to the media in 2003. Today, Skymet is the dominant player in this segment and provides weather inputs to leading India dailies, 24X7 news channels and radio stations. more
AgricultureWe, at Skymet think that there is a major disconnect between data/knowledge that is available and the data that gets to the farmers, communities, agricultural input companies and the government. We are working hard to become an integrated information provider to agriculture. more
Crop InsuranceSkymet has its own automatic weather station (AWS) network. We are collecting temperature, rainfall, wind speed, wind direction and humidity. These observations are being used to improve our own weather forecasting capability and to settle claims for weather based crop insurance as well. more
EnergyThe weather connect to energy is very strong. We can forecast weather therefore we can ascertain the amount of energy and our carbon footprint. Skymet has been working for power utilities for the past five years, forecasting energy needs of Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata and Surat. more
Top StoryTop News
El Nino may come calling and hit Indian monsoon this year..... more
New Delhi, Tuesday, April 15
Skymet, India's leading weather forecasting and agriculture risk solutions company has released its...... more
Skymet is a leader in providing weather-based business solutions in India that enable organizations from various domains of the industry like media, power, shipping and telecom in boosting bottom lines. We have been effective in adding value to our customers and mitigating losses by providing an understanding of such aspects in demanding applications that are affected by weather.
- Chosen by Fast Company: The World's Top 10 Most Innovative Companies In India.
- Chosen by The Economist: Among one of 10 companies from around the world with game changing solutions for climate change.
- Invited by the World Bank: Sustainable Development Network in 2010 to speak on linkages between ICT (Information Communication Technology) and climate change and co-authoring a paper with World Bank about experiences of supporting rural communities through mobile phones.
- Semi-finalist in a DST-Lockheed: Semi-finalist in a DST-Lockheed Martin technology contest also known as India Innovates 2009.
- Finalist in Sankalp 2010: Social Enterprise Awards and Investment Forum for technology in development in the Emerging Enterprise category.